Table of Contents
- 1. Your Leasing Company May Be the Best Property Management Company
- 2. Get Referrals From Acquaintances
- 3. Verify the Company’s Credentials
- 4. Investigate Other Properties the Company Manages
- 5. Schedule Interviews With Shortlisted Companies
- 6. Examine Their Tenant Screening and Rent Collection Methods
- Find The Best Manager For Your Property
As a landlord, you face several taxing responsibilities regularly. Between collecting rent, coordinating with professionals to fix your property, and making appointments, being a landlord costs a great deal of time.
What if you could ensure your property was well-managed and cared for but didn’t have to attend to these responsibilities yourself? Doesn’t that sound like paradise?
It turns out this idea isn’t too good to be true. You can accomplish this by hiring a property management company.
However, finding the best property management company can be a tricky task. If you’re not sure where to start, check out these six tips for finding a property management company that meets your needs!
1. Your Leasing Company May Be the Best Property Management Company
A pro tip for those trying to find the best property manager is to check with your leasing company. Do they provide property management services? If so, it can save you a lot of time and stress. Hiring the same company to handle your leasing and property management has several advantages.
It can ensure the compatibility of services that a second company may not offer. Likewise, this company’s management team can provide your leasing team with tremendous insight into the tenant’s residential status.
2. Get Referrals From Acquaintances
If your leasing company doesn’t provide property management services, you can always seek referrals from those you know. Ask around and see who other landlords may recommend.
Bear in mind, however, that people may have particular biases towards individual companies. As such, check with several people if possible about their recommendations.
3. Verify the Company’s Credentials
Any reputable property manager will have some credentials. In general, there are five leading credentials in the property management industry. These five are as follows:
- Certified Property Manager
- Real Property Administrator
- Accredited Management Organization
- Service Organization Control
- Systems Maintenance Administrator
4. Investigate Other Properties the Company Manages
One way to verify a property management company’s skill set is to investigate other properties they manage. Would you want your property to look like them? Do you see any alarming signs?
Some management companies manage hundreds, even thousands, of properties. Click this link for an example of such a large management group.
5. Schedule Interviews With Shortlisted Companies
If you see a few companies that appeal to you, reach out and ask for an interview. Talking one-on-one is the best way to ensure your methods of operating mesh well together. After a few interviews, you’ll have a much better idea of who to work with.
6. Examine Their Tenant Screening and Rent Collection Methods
When you interview companies, focus on these points in particular. To reap the benefits of property management, you need a company that procures quality tenants who pay their rent on time. If you’re unsure of their methods, it’s best to find another company.
Find The Best Manager For Your Property
Finding the best property management company can save you a great deal of time and effort. With these tips, you can help narrow down your search to find the perfect partner!
We hope you enjoyed this article! If so, check out our other content today.